LTO-Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge is compatible with all manufacturers’ LTO Ultrium 1, 2, 3 and 4 drives and provides up to 50 cleanings or as many as your particular drive allows. Cleaning is done by shuffling a specific amount of tape over the drive head based on a specific cleaning algorithm that is unique to each drive manufacturer. Cleaning reduces built-up or stains that get deposited on drive heads and should be done whenever the drive’s “use cleaning cartridge” signal is flashing. It is recommended that you keep track of the number of times you use the cartridge and discard it after it reaches the maximum number of uses for your drive model. In addition, the cartridge has an RF (radio frequency) LTO-CM (cartridge memory) that keeps track of the number of times your cartridge has been used. Most drives will read the CM, see when your drive has been used the maximum number of times, and will no longer use that cleaning cartridge.
From the Manufacturer
HP LTO-5 Ultrium media offers the best capacity/ performance ratio of any tape technology.
- Supports transfer speeds of 140 MB/s (native), 280 MB/s (2:1) with Generation 5.
- For use in all HP and non-HP LTO Ultrium products.
- Unique coloured cartridge to assist with identification in mixed media environments.
- Improved cartridge design to prevent the leader pin from being pulled from inside the tape housing.
- Very low media cost per GB.
- LTO cartridge memory in media to improve access time and provide enhanced media monitoring.
- Durable cartridge designed to minimise wear and debris.
- Tested to extremes in HP’s media laboratory, to a level of specification unique to Hewlett-Packard.
- HP LTO-4 and LTO-5 offer data encryption for enhanced data security.